Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Trevor Bayne

Trevor Bayne:I wasn't completely serious, but I was interested in his response. At the time, he was a Nationwide Series up-and-comer whose plans included a potential full-time move to the Cup Series in 2012, and his public relations representative had guilted me into doing an interview with him.

So there I was, standing across from a fresh-faced newcomer in his team's hauler.

And I wondered: When did he plan on winning his first Cup race?

"2011 or 2012, hopefully!" he said with a big smile. "As soon as they put me in one, I'd like to win my first year."


As it turns out, Bayne was nearly perfect and held off a late charge from Carl Edwards and David Gilliand to win the Daytona 500 on Sunday afternoon.

Roush-Fenway's David Ragan was the leader at the first Overdrive and was black flagged for changing lanes before passing the start/finish line. Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Martin Truex Jr. immediately brought out the caution and Ragan suffered a pass-through penalty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment